Call Us: 206-248-5615

Owner Operator Truck Insurance

Being an owner operator truck driver means that you pretty much run your own business, but haul other businesses cargo. Being an owner operator also means that you require special insurance coverage to protect your own vehicle as well as the cargo you’re hauling regardless of whether you work under a permanent lease or under yourself. Ararat Insurance Services understands truck insurance. It’s really all we do. By working with the nation’s top truck insurance companies, we’re able to pair your risk with the best company, giving you comparative insurance quotes and coverage options.

If you’re under a permanent lease by a motor carrier, they provide you with liability insurance for property damage, and bodily injury for at fault accidents while you’re driving on their behalf. That being said, owner operators do need additional insurance coverage including:

  • Non-Trucking Liability insurance
  • Physical Damage Coverage
  • Motor Truck Cargo Insurance

It is possible your motor carrier will provide you with these coverages too, but be sure to get a copy of what is provided and talk to your Ararat Insurance Services agent about owner operator insurance coverages you may need.

For Owner Operators who are working under their own authority, you’ll want to have the following insurance coverages:

  • Liability Insurance
  • Physical Damage coverage
  • Motor Truck Cargo Insurance
  • Motor Truck General Liability Insurance

For an insurance quote on your owner operator truck business, call Ararat Insurance Services at: 206-248-5615